Google Meet Taking Schools Beyond Distance Learning
Google Meet is a video conferencing tool included with Google Workspace for Education. It works seamlessly with popular products like Classroom, Gmail, and Docs. Boost your management, security, and engagement capabilities with an upgrade that’s right for you.
Connect from anywhere with easy-to-use video conferencing
Bring your school community together with high-quality video conferencing that’s intuitive and empowers educators to focus on what matters – teaching and learning.
Protect your school community with industry-leading security, speed, scale, and reliability
Keep your online learning environment safe with one of the world’s most advanced security infrastructures. Give admins tools for more control and visibility, and empower teachers to manage their class in a private and secure setting.
Engage your students with inclusive features built for teaching and learning
Enhance the learning experience of students in your school community with capabilities that make virtual learning even more engaging and inclusive – like breakout rooms, hand raising, and closed captions in a variety of languages.
Easy to use
Educators’ time is more valuable than ever. Meet saves time so educators can focus on teaching.
- New user interface makes it easy for teachers to present and see their students at the same time
- Find things easily with a clean, intuitive interface
- Join from any device
- Start a Meet call straight from Classroom
- Set up breakout rooms before class in Calendar
- See the same interface regardless of user OS
- Eliminate in-class troubleshooting
- Automatically save attendance reports in Drive
Provide enriched experiences beyond distance learning. Your school community can use Meet to provide enhanced learning experiences beyond distance learning and connect with each other anytime, anywhere. Empower educators with professional development they can access from wherever they are, get parents more involved in their students’ learning with remote parent-teacher conferences, inspire students with virtual guest speakers, and more.
Explore how you can use Google Meet features to enable more flexible teaching and learning in your school.
- Create a repository of recorded classes to allow students to review and other educators to learn from
- Record professional-development sessions and meetings for educators who aren’t able to attend live
- Send recorded messages to students and guardians
- Help students stay caught up when out sick by sending them recorded assignments and resources
- Prepare substitute teachers for classes by equipping them with recorded resources
- Empower students to share their ideas with their peers during group work
- Conduct more collaborative professional-development sessions in small groups for educators
- Host public* or private live streams to make it easy for people to attend board meetings, school events, assemblies, and more
Real-time translated captions*
- Communicate and interact easily with parents or guardians who speak in other languages
- Provide a more inclusive classroom for students whose first language is different from the language of instruction
Q&A and polls
- Survey students to get their opinions on anything from where they’d like to go on a field trip to their favourite subject – and easily consolidate their answers on a topic or assignment
Create more ways for students to learn and connect.
Check out some of the top ways educators are using Google Meet to enhance the student learning experience:
- Allow students who aren’t able to attend in-person class to join remotely
- Host online classes for all students when needed – like during snow days
- Invite guest speakers to present virtually
- Teach smaller groups or clubs remotely
- Host virtual field trips for students
- Make it easier for students to get help from their teachers with flexible office hours
- Allow students to take tests from different locations and monitor student exams remotely
- Make connections with classes at other schools – invite or attend another class’s lesson
Discover more ways to empower and connect your school community.
Educators are constantly finding new ways to use Google Meet. Here are a few examples of how you can use Meet to further empower and connect your school community:
- Meet with parents or guardians remotely
- Conduct and record virtual professional-development sessions with teachers in your school or district
- Host virtual school-board meetings
- Have scheduled or impromptu meetings with other faculty members or administrators
- Attend recurring meetings with other faculty members and form group-learning communities
- Hold extracurricular activities remotely
- Bring in guest speakers from the broader community to present virtually at school meetings
For more information on how Google Meet can enhance your school's learning experience, contact us today by clicking here.